Los Angeles is a unique city. It’s spread out and can be tough to navigate, but if you know where you’re going, there are so many fun things to do as a family. These are some of my favorite activities for your next visit to Los Angeles with kids!
What to do in Los Angeles with Kids:
Museums and Learning:
- Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens (Griffith Park): Like all zoos, the LA Zoo is great for kids and the prices are reasonable. If you’re visiting during the holidays, but sure to check out the zoo lights.
- Griffith Observatory (Griffith Park): Griffith Observatory is an iconic spot in Los Angeles, not only for it’s exhibits and telescopes, but also for it’s location. It is perched high up above Hollywood with great views of the Hollywood sign and amazing sunset views.
- Kidspace Children’s Museum (Pasadena): For the museum-loving families, Kidspace is a great place for the kids to run, jump, play, and learn all at the same time.
Walking and Shopping:
- Abbot Kinney Blvd (Venice): Abbot Kinney is fun for more than just shopping. Here you’ll find great shops, restaurants, and great people watching. And don’t forget to swing by the Venice Canals while you’re here.
- The Grove (Fairfax): This outdoor mall has tons of shopping, restaurants, a movie theater, and more. If you’re visiting during the holidays, the decorations are not to be missed!
- Santa Monica Farmer’s Market (Santa Monica): The farmer’s market runs every Wednesday and Saturday. It’s a great place to grab a snack before and enjoy the beautiful weather in the City of Angels.
Attractions and Outdoors:
- Runyon Canyon Hike (Hollywood): Runyon is probably LA’s most popular hike so there will be plenty of great people watching to go with the views overlooking Hollywood. If you’re not interested in the crowds, the Santa Monica mountains plenty of other great hikes.
- Pacific Park (Santa Monica): Pacific Park is an amusement park located on the Santa Monica pier. There are rides, food, games, and more so you can have hours of fun with the whole family here.
- Venice Beach (Venice): Los Angeles is known for it’s beaches and Venice is one of the best. You’ll find all kinds of people here so it’s great for people watching. My favorite thing to do in Venice though is watching the sunset!
- Hollywood Walk of Fame (Hollywood): The Walk of Fame is one of the most iconic and recognizable parts of the city. While I wouldn’t recommend spending too much of your time in Hollywood, this is a great bucket list item to check off.
- Au Fudge (West Hollywood): For a family-friendly restaurant (seriously, they have daycare for kids to play while the food cooks) AND amazing food.
- In-n-Out (multiple locations): For the best fast food burger in town — or arguably anywhere.
- Sugarfish (multiple locations): Okay, this is literally the best, freshest sushi you can find. The menu is really simple though so don’t expect any fancy rolls or frills.
- Cafe Gratitude (multiple locations): Good vibes and amazing vegan food — if you visit for breakfast, the little ones will love their gluten-free pancakes.
- Moonshadows (Malibu): An awesome seafood menu perched up above the coastline. You can watch the waves crashing on the rock while you eat dinner — shoot for a sunset reservation for incredible views.
- Eataly (Century City): A giant Italian market with tons of options for the whole family to choose from: pizza, seafood, pasta, gelato, and coffee. You can even do some grocery shopping if you’ve got a kitchen where you’re staying.
- Salt & Straw (Venice): The lines are long, but the ice cream here is amazing and the flavors are so unique.
- Smorgasburg (Downtown LA): LA has a ton of food truck options, but here you’ll have a bunch of great options in one place.
What are your favorite things to do in Los Angeles with kids? Comment below!